Associate of Arts, Media Communication
Courses in media communications introduce students to various forms of media production. Practical experience is also available and encouraged in these areas of media communications.
Student Learning Outcomes
- History of Design: Students will demonstrate knowledge concerning the history of design.
- Design and Composition Principles: Students will demonstrate proficiency in design and composition principles. Digital Photography requires the students to produce work that is graded based on their design and composition. Video students also are required to produce products in which the final video is graded based on the design and composition of the work.
- Color Theory: Students will produce printed materials that show an understanding of color theory.
- Creative Typography: Students will understand and practice creative typography.
- Brainstorming/Ideas: Students will understand and practice approaches to brainstorming and ideas within and outside of a computer.
- Brainstorming/Ideas: Students will come up with their own ideas for stories that will be printed in the Indian Leader. They must be relevant to their audience and use the proper format of AP style for writing journalism stories.