School of Business
How a Determination is Made
The Application Review Committee (ARC) consists of the entire faculty within the School of Business. The School of Business is a program designed to produce highly qualified business professionals. As such, each student is carefully evaluated to determine if they are qualified to meet the standards of excellence set forth by the School of Business.
The ARC chair will determine if the student meets the Standard Admission Requirements. Failure to meet the minimum requirements will result in an automatic denial. Students who meet the minimum requirements will have their applications reviewed by the ARC. Successfully meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admittance into the program.
In addition to reviewing applications for completion of the minimum eligibility requirements, the ARC will review many factors, including:
- Grade Trends
- Strength of course load including W’s and repeated courses
- Consistency of recent academic performance
- Leadership skills
- Accomplishments as demonstrated by extracurricular activities or work experiences
- Communication skills as demonstrated by the personal essay and resume
- School of Business classroom conduct and achievement