Business Office Fee Policy
The mission of Haskell Indian Nations University is to provide a tuition-free education for Native American Indians and Alaskan Natives of federally recognized tribes beginning in 1884.
Current students will be required to present a valid Student ID for all transactions or inquires.
Non-Students will be required to present a valid picture ID.
Fees are recommended and approved by Haskell Indian Nations University and the Board of Regents and are subject to change.
Fees are assessed when the student enrolls according to residency status.
(STANDARD BUDGET - STUDENTS PER SEMESTER)
|Little Nations Academic Center Fee||$5||$5|
|Internet Usage Fee||$50||$50|
|Thorpe Fitness Center Fee||$25||$25|
|Laundry Usage Fee||$50||$0|
|TOTAL INSTITUTIONAL COSTS||$715||$240|
|(You must pay these costs on or before enrollment period ends)|
|*Activity Fee is divided equally between Recreation, Student Activities, and the Indian Leader|
|OTHER ESTIMATED COSTS|
|Books-(Upper level courses)||$500 - $800|
|School Supplies||$500 - $1000|
|Personal||$1100 - $1500|
|Off Campus Housing||$6,000 - $9,000|
|*Transportation||$600 - $4000|
*Paid at Haskell Student Bank
**Meals are no longer provided, but may be purchased by off-campus students at $4 each.
• Additional fees incurred by specific classes (lab fees, art supplies, classroom observation fee, etc)
will be applied to the student’s account balance.
•Outstanding fines/fees/charges results in a Business HOLD. A HOLD will not allow the student to
obtain services from the University, this includes, but not limited to, enrollment and transcripts.
FEE PAYMENT PROCESS
1. You must register for classes first so the fees will be charged according to your residency status, On or Off-campus.
• If you owe fees/fines/charges from previous semester(s) you will not be able to enroll until you have paid all of your debt.
2. You have until the first day of classes, to pay your current semester fees.
• A Late Registration Fee of $30.00 is assessed on the first day of classes, if you have not registered by this time. The same fee will be charged if the fees listed above are not paid by the first day of classes (students receiving financial aid will receive a 30 day extension to pay the semester fees starting the date their financial aid was disbursed, a late registration fee of $30.00 will be assessed to the account after such time has passed).
• Students eligible for the Federal Pell Grant and have received their award letter, your account will be credited. If you have not received an award letter by the first day of class, and are unable to pay your semester fees, you must sign up for a Payment Plan.
You do not have to stop by the Business Office unless you have a HOLD on your account
3. If you cannot pay your fees by the first day of classes, you must sign up for the Fee Payment Plan.
a. Fee Payment Plan is for current semester fees ONLY.
i. See Business Office on Fee Payment Plan the last day of add/drop.
ii. Deadline for applying for this plan is the first day of classes.
iii. The Activity Fee payment of $35.00 is paid at the Student Bank, no exceptions.
iv. This plan will be setup for six weekly payments with grace period of two days. If payment is late, a
$5.00 late fee will be assessed.
v. An installment contract will be provided to you for your records.
vi. Any financial aid received will be applied to your account balance.
vii. If account is not paid in full by the last day to officially withdraw from the university, the
deadline date of this plan, you will be administratively dismissed from the university.
viii. No refund of any fees or payments made under this plan.
4. Important notes: Full fee payment is due by the first day of classes OR sign up for Fee Payment Plan by first day of classes. 1. If no payment is made or no arrangement for a payment plan, you will be dropped from your classes on last day to officially withdraw from the university.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are acceptable forms of payment on-line at haskell.edu. The Business Office accepts ONLY payments in cash or money orders for university fees, fines and charges at the window; EXCEPT the Activity Fee, pay this fee at the Student Bank.
The Business Office and Student Bank hours are: 9am–12pm (noon) and 1pm–4pm Monday through Friday (subject to change
without notification). The Business Office is located in SW Navarre Hall, Rooms 101 and 102.
All payments made to the Business Office are non-refundable. If extenuating circumstances permit you from attending a particular semester where you had already paid the fees, you must notify in writing the Business Office to obtain approval to apply the fees to subsequent semester.