Grievance Policy for Students
The purpose of this policy is to provide a method for prompt and equitable settlement of student-initiated complaints in which no other forum is available.
This Complaint policy does NOT apply to:
Content of any written policies, regulations, or statutes of the Federal government, or Haskell (Catalog, Student/Program Handbooks.)* Matters relating to academic policies, curriculum development, content of class related materials or any other academic/instructional issue under the exclusive control of Haskell staff and faculty. (See Academic Policies & Procedures, March 2012 Complaints)* Student Grievances specific to Student Conduct or against another student.* (See Student Conduct Handbook) Matters related to employee performance of duties. (Students should refer these to the appropriate supervisor.)
A student may obtain a copy of the Student Complaint Form during business hours (8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday) at the Vice President of University Services (VPUS) office in Pushmataha Hall or from the Vice President of Academics Office or the President ‘s Office, both located in Navarre Hall.
- To be accepted, a Haskell Student Complaint form must be completed and submitted to the Vice President of University Services during normal operational hours (8:00 am–5:00 pm, Monday–Friday.)
- The complaint form must be received within five (5) business days of the date of the occurrence or matter, contain the Student’s Name, and will be stamped “Received” by the Vice President of University Services Office/Pushmataha Hall OR the student may fax the form to the Vice President of University Services (VPUS) at (785) 832-6631.
- Each complainant shall file a separate Student Complaint Form.
- Within five (5) business days of receiving a complaint, the VPUS shall route the complaint to the appropriate Haskell official for a response.
- If the student requests, the student ‘s name shall be held confidential by the VPUS.
- The responding Haskell official shall send a written response to the VPUS with five (5) business days of receiving the complaint that may include a resolution.
- The VPUS shall provide the written response to the respective student within five (5) business days of receiving it. The VPUS shall maintain a log to track and aggregate student complaint information and their disposition so that Haskell can study patterns of complaints to determine whether improvements in its programs or processes might be appropriate.