Haskell Indian Nations Home
HINU HOME  |University Services  |FINANCIAL AID  |  PROGRAMS

Financial Aid Programs

Federal Programs Available to Minimum Enrollment How to apply
Federal Pell Grant • Undergraduates students who are financially needy and who have not earned a bachelor’s or graduate degree

• Federal Pell Grant eligibility is limited to 12 semester or the equivalent
Award varies according to enrollment Complete the FAFSA
Federal SEOG • Undergraduates students who have exceptional financial need and who have not earned a bachelor’s or graduate degree

• Federal Pell Grant recipients receive priority
6 credit hours Complete the FAFSA
Federal Work Study • Undergraduate and graduates students; jobs can be on campus or off campus; students are paid at least federal minimum wage; funds depend on availability at school 6 credit hours Complete the FAFSA


To receive aid from any of the federal student aid programs, you must meet all of the following criteria:

  • Have financial need.
  • Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate, or complete a high school education in a home school setting that is treated as a home school or private school under state law.
  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program. You may not receive aid for correspondence or telecommunications courses unless they are part of an associate, bachelor’s degree program.
  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible Non Citizen.
  • Have a valid Social Security Number. If you don’t have a Social Security Number, you can find out more about applying for one through the Internet at www.ssa.gov.
  • Meet satisfactory academic progress standards set by the school you are or will be attending.
  • Certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
  • Certify that you are not in Default on a federal student loan and that you do not owe money on a federal student grant.
  • Register with the Selective Service, if required. If you are a male 18-25 years of age and you have not yet registered with the Selective Service, you can give the Selective Service permission to register you by checking a box on the FAFSA. You can also REGISTER through the Internet at www.sss.gov.
  • No conviction for the possession or sale of illegal drugs for an offense that occurred while you were receiving federal student aid.