The Haskell community can access the following subscription databases from on-campus or off-campus. If off-campus you will need to input your Haskell library card number when prompted. (Non-Haskell community can only access these databases from on-campus.)
EBSCOhost Research Databases
- Academic Search Complete...multidisciplinary, scholarly content in peer-reviewed journals.
- Environment Complete...scholarly content in the Sciences, Health, Climate Change, and Environmental studies.
- Research Starters – Sociology
- Research Starters – Education
- Research Starters – Business
- SPORTDiscus...comprehensive, bibliographic coverage of sport, fitness and related disciplines.
- GreenFILE...contains information and research on the human impact to the environment.
- America: History and Life with Full Text...definitive database of literature covering the history and culture of the United States and Canada, from prehistory to the present.
- Humanities Full Text...includes the most important academic journals in the humanities with the full text of articles from over 300 periodicals dating back to 1995.
- Bibliography of Native North Americans...this resource covers a wide range of topics including archaeology, multicultural relations, gaming, governance, legend, and literacy.
- The Nation: Digital Archives...complete archive of The Nation, beginning with its first issue in 1865 to the present. Providing an independent voice in American journalism The Nation is America’s oldest weekly magazine and is regarded as one of the country’s definitive journalistic voices of writing on politics, culture, books, and the arts.
Footnote History and Genealogy Archives - Native American Archives
Trace your heritage or learn about Native American history with access to original records. Includes the Rinehart Photos; Indian Census Rolls; Dawes Enrollment Cards: Eastern Cherokee Applications; Guion Miller Roll; Cherokee Indian Agency Tennessee; Ratified Indian Treaties.
Poetry and Short Story Reference Center
Browse Poems, Poets, Authors, Short Stories, Poetic Forms & Techniques, Poem Analysis,
Themes, Periods, Movements & Schools, Audios, Featured Poet and Poems, etc.
- Arts and Sciences IV... Business & Economics / Education
- Arts and Sciences V... History / Language & Literature
- Life Sciences...Biological Sciences / Ecology & Botany I / Health & General Sciences
The American Mosaic: The American Indian Experience (AIE) database is one of eight history databases developed by ABC-CLIO, a leading company and publisher of reference materials. The AIE database provides online access to authoritative, in-depth coverage of topics pertaining to the indigenous peoples of North America. Multimedia tools along with a continuous stream of updated content make The American Indian Experience rich and dynamic. Search by Categories, Eras, States, Regions, or Tribes.
Compilation of biographical information on indigenous peoples from all areas of North America. Text and images provide comprehensive biographies, personal narratives, speeches, diaries, letters, and oral histories. Full-length reference works also are included to provide background and context to the narratives. Database developed by Alexander Street Press.
HeinOnline is a legal research database and provides online access to databases such as Legal Classics, Law Journal Library (including American Indian Law Review), U.S. Supreme Court Library, U.S. Federal Legislative History Library, Treaties and Agreements Library and more.